[PLUG] Boot problem

Kapil Kaisare kksm19820117 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:46:25 IST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 8:36 PM, Ranjit Bhonsle <ranjya at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> Since about 10 days I cannot boot into Win XP and Fedora 7. Sometimes
> Fedora
> 7 boots.  For Win I have to use safe mode and restore to some point
> earlier.
> FC7 i have to boot in single mode and then start x. Sometimes nothing is
> needed.
> My third OS is Open Suse 10.3 which seems to boot without any problems.
> Could this be hardware related ?
> Should I reinstall say FC8 instead of FC7 ?
> Can Suse have caused it ?
> Ranjit.
> --

I used to have a problem where neither my Linux nor Windows partitions would
boot consistently, i.e. it would  boot successfully sometimes and not so on
other occasions. This was traced to a memory problem - my RAM chips had gone
bad apparently. While Suse seems to working for you, you might nonetheless
want to run a memory check.

Installing FC8 should not solve the problem, in my opinion. And I would be
surprised if Suse has something to do with this.

Kapil.