[PLUG] [OT] Geek Night in ThoughtWorks Pune

Aman King the21stphantom at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:27:20 IST 2007

Hi,

Apologies that this is offtopic but I thought people interested in
Ruby would like to know...

ThoughtWorks is organizing a Geek Night event around JRuby at their
Pune office on Sat, 15 Dec '07.

A Geek Night is an informal gathering where we pick a hot technology
topic and proceed to discuss it and learn from each others experience
and perspectives. The meeting takes about two hours inclusive of
eating/drinking (soft drinks only! LOL) and heckling the presentors.
There is no fees for attending.

Get more details here: http://thoughtworks.wikispaces.com/

Highlights:

JRuby Primer : JRuby is an 100% pure-Java implementation of the Ruby
programming language. It promises to give the best of both worlds,
the beauty of Ruby combined with the proven Java platform.

RubyWars : Play a simulation game where you write code for your
strategy. So do your opponents... Of course, the best code wins.
A game engine that exploits ruby meta-programing accepting your
strategy as Ruby code and modifiying it's own behavior according to
your strategy at runtime.