[PLUG] Cheat Sheet / Quick Start Guide

Pranav Peshwe pranavpeshwe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 23:46:54 IST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 3:17 PM, Devendra Laulkar <devendra at laulkar.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I checked V0.003 PDF file.  Great Work !!!
> Thanks. Please check the new v1.0 version that I just uploaded.
> Its now a 2 page flyer, A4 sheet printed on both sides.
> One side contains basic information, second one contains the application
> list.
> Files :-
> http://www.laulkar.com/files/flyer.odt
> http://www.laulkar.com/files/flyer.pdf
> http://www.laulkar.com/files/flyer.sxw

Great work!

Some trivial suggestions (newline separated)-

Should we have the 'Recommended distributions' and the distro specific links
together ? Further, do we need to have a one-liner or a link about what a
'distribution' means ?
Very minor -> s/openSuse/openSUSE
Include debian in the 'developer/student distros' ?
IMHO, going through man pages is not very fruitful for absolute beginners.
How about having a link to some linux CLI tutorial in the basic commands
section ? something like  http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/cli.html
Should we have `fdisk` and `free` in the list ? IMHO, fdisk is an
intermediate/advanced command and the output of free is not very helpful for
a noob.
How about including `top` and `find` ?
Mention 'FOSS' in parentheses near 'Free & Open Source software' ?
s/Gaim/Pidgin ?
s/Exlporer/Explorer

My 2 cents...

Best regards,