[PLUG] Need Help with Wireless configuration in Ubuntu

Anoop John anoopjohn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 01:45:21 IST 2007

Hello,
I have a cousin of mine studying at Symbiosis Law School and she has
bought a new laptop on which I had installed Ubuntu 7.10. Would any of
you be kind enough to configure the wireless on the laptop for her.
What is important about this is that her's is the only Laptop on the
campus that has Linux installed and this can be the torchbearer for
many a PC with Linux on the campus. The network guys at the college do
not know how to configure wireless on Ubuntu and they know only how to
do it on windows.
I run a computer assembling store in trivandrum - www.zyxware.com and
we are actively promoting Linux in Trivandrum. She had bought the
laptop from my store and I had convinced her of the usability of Linux
and then installed Ubuntu. I had configured it for Wireless access and
the only setting remaining was to enter the ssid and password for the
campus network. However the network guys there had played with the
configuration and it is not working anymore. I had tried to
troubleshoot over the phone and could not after 2 hours of phone
calls. I would be obliged if any of you could please help her out in
this. Also if any of you know anybody in Trivandrum needing Linux
installation assistance please feel free to contact me.
Thanks
Anoop John