[PLUG] Nice linux seminar by Sudhanva and Devendra.... thank you friends!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Dec 22 20:39:00 IST 2007

Manoj Mahajan wrote:

> 1. As other OS, Linux is also has some viruses, (some bugs atleast to hack
> using Trojans, backdoors)
> If not(?) please correct me... We need AV for atleast at email server, i
> think ;).
> Some companies like AVG, Panda and many more has AV product for Desktop.

Wouldn't be necessary as there aren't any known viruses in the wild.

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=virus

Checking for trojans and rootkits might be useful however and there are
free and open source programs like chkrootkit and rkhunter for that.

Clamav is a well known antivirus program that is used to scan mails for
Windows viruses in a server if you have Windows clients in a network.

Rahul