[PLUG] RTL8139D for Suse 10.2

Vaibhav Kulkarni netvaibhav at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 21:46:02 IST 2007

On 2/3/07, Roger <roger.kekhlekar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone provide me with a ethernet driver for Realtek 8139D Fast PCI Card
>
> I tried using the drivers provided with the disk ... but it doesn't seem to
> work ...
>
> plz let me know if an alternative solution exists ...

Hi,

I too have an 8139D ethernet card. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find
Linux drivers. I had to resort to ndiswrapper to make it work in
Linux.

Here's the procedure:
Make sure ndiswrapper-utils package is installed. cd into the folder
in which the windows drivers are present.
         1. ndiswrapper -i netslnt.inf
         2. ndiswrapper -d 1904:8139 netslnt
         3. ndiswrapper -m
reboot the system

This works in Ubuntu Edgy. Hope it works for you in Suse too!

bye,

--
Vaibhav