[PLUG] RTL8139D for Suse 10.2

Ranjit Bhonsle ranjya at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 08:17:42 IST 2007

> Is this the Intex one? If so, it is not RealTek. It is a Silan Fast
> Ethernet.  It doesn't work on 2.6 kernels, I believe
> (http://kernelyogi.livejournal.com/4648.html). It does work under 2.4.
> Your options, if you can't write a driver -
> 1> Go get a new card that works in your distro.
> 2> Use NDISwrapper.
> 3> Use 2.4 kernel
>
> ~Gitesh

That is interesting to know. I was going to buy same Intex card but
Sujata Comp guy disuaded me from buying it citing problems.
I changed three cards at his place...none worked. he gave my
money back as the condition was Linux compatibility.
Got a D-Link-DFE538TX works on all Flavours with out problem.
lspci:--
0000:01:01.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
Nearly same chipset.
Ranjit.