[PLUG] [ANN] Thoughtworks Geeknights session on Feb 10 on GWT and on Extreme Programming.

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 11:09:33 IST 2007

Hello folks:

I work with Thoughtworks India, and am presently working at our newly
setup Pune office at Yerwada.

Some of us are interested in FOSS activities, and like to interact
with tech folks. In Bangalore, software developers gather at our
Bangalore office and discuss various interesting topics that pique our
interest.

We'd like to start the GeekNights sessions at our Pune office too, and
we welcome all developers and enthusiasts to participate.

Feel free to speak on topics of your choice (preferable related to
programming in some way) at a Thoughtworks Geeknight. All you need is
to get in touch with the organizers and put up your topic for the next
session.

ThoughtWorks invites you to the first edition of Geek Nights in Pune.
Geek Night is an informal gathering of geeks (read passionate
developers who want to work on cutting edge technology) where we pick
a hot tech topic, discuss it and learn from each others experiences
and perspectives. This has been a big hit in Bangalore where we have
organized quite a few sessions in the past. The techie community has
pretty much fallen in love with the concept of not only giving gyan
but also recieving it in a very interactive mode.

The topics for these Geek Nights may range from stuff like Ruby on
Rails to proven open source tools like Hibernate or Spring. We also
indulge in Code Jams where we get our laptops into a room and go about
solving a problem and discuss our solutions till the food is over (we
do tend to feel hungry and thirsty during these sessions and keep some
snacks handy!)

Details of the next Geeknight session