[PLUG] Free Softwares for School

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 08:28:11 IST 2007

Hi,

> > ZIP software (7-ZIP)
>
> Instead of 7-zip, I would recommend ZipGenius
> (downloadable from
> http://www.zipgenius.it/eng/?page_id=10)
> It has a wider support to open even .rar files.

7-zip also can open rar files.
Zipgenius is *not* free software.

> > Chat client
>
> Are you sure you want to include something like
> this?

Why not ? I don't see any reason for not including
chat clients. Gaim is there. Can be useful to keep in
touch with friends. Or it can be used by teachers.

> > IPMsg
> > Antivirus (ClamWin)
>
> AVG antivirus Free is also an option.

AFAIK, AVG antivirus is *not* free software.

> FSF of India Associate Fellow -
> http://www.gnu.org.in
> http://www.somaiya.edu/sksasc
> ubunturos @ freenode

If I were you, I'll be careful using this signature.

-Devendra Laulkar.