[PLUG] Help needed : ARP entry

Rohan Dighe rsdighe at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 6 20:33:23 IST 2007

On 6/5/07, Ajay <ajaytatiwar at myway.com> wrote:
>  Hi, I have 2 NICs on a server. I am trying change an IP address to one NIC and then restart the network service. But after some time I see that the NIC retains it's older address. Even I don't find any arp entry for that NIC.What could be the problem? Any solutions, suggestions? Thanks in advance. Regards,Ajay

> No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
> Make My Way  your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com
> --

I had this problem lot of times.

http://www.yo-linux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialNetworking.html

please help yourself..

what i used to do was that i used to run the command $setup
and then in that i used to go to network configuration and then change
the ip address there but there are lot of ways you can do it the best
way to do it is to directly hardcode the values in the configuration
file...

i hope the link will help you as it helped me earlier...

thank you.

--
Rohan Dighe
Fedora Ambassador India.

--
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother.