[PLUG] Unable to open page

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jun 29 19:32:15 IST 2007

--- Vishal Gaurav wrote:

> Hello,
> I am running ubuntu 6.06 verson on my desktop
> machine,I was just install
> tata indicom modem on my machine,after that i am
> able to download a file
> add/remove.But i am unable to open webpage in my web
> browser.Please give me
> any idea.

The modem that you refer to is a ?

What does the status bar of the browser indicate /
display, when you enter a URL into the address bar and
hit go?

In case, it shows up "Looking up ... " for a long
time, it is likely, the DNS server hasn't been set up.

In Ubuntu 6.06, under System -> Administration ->
Network find out the DNS tab and enter the DNS address
provided by your ISP.

If you don't know, the DNS IP address(es), you can
choose to use OpenDNS (a DNS provider). Get it from
http://www.opendns.com/ (on the right hand side, home
page).

Hope this helps.

--