[PLUG] Regarding Installation of linux

Aditya Godbole aag.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 23:49:55 IST 2007

On 6/29/07, Vinayakk Merwade <nayak0986 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I have a SATA HDD I want to install PCQ2004 distribution linux on it
> Can anybody help me out.

Kernel support for SATA was poor back then. Try a new distribution.
If you want PCQ2004, you can install it using an IDE drive, compile
the latest kernel, and clone your IDE disk to the new SATA disk. There
would be problems with modutils though, so tread carefully.
You could also try compiling SATA drivers for your kernel version (if
they are available) or try to backport the latest drivers.
But you would need an IDE disk nonetheless I think.

-aditya