[PLUG] devnagari keyboard layout

G Karunakar indlinux at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 19:03:48 IST 2007

On 2/27/07, Technical <technical at microweb001.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
> I use devnagari keyboard layout very often with unicode fonts such as raghu,
> gargi etc.
> On mandrake 10.0 with open office 1.1.0 (where these fonts work best) , all of
> a sudden and with no known (to me) cause, the keyboard layout crashes ,
> showing error message icon on the task bar. My only remedy for this is to
> reinstall linux.
> Can anybody suggest any remedy?

Could you send  me a copy of the /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/dev ( or pc/dev
) file.. or there might be a in file. also tell what error message
comes?
see if things work this way
setxkbmap -layout 'us,dev' -option 'grp:alt_shift_toggle'
(should give english & hindi, with switching enabled by alt+shift keyboard).

Karunakar