[PLUG] Re: Dhule district adopted OPEN SOURCE

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 17:32:41 IST 2007

Hi,

> Choosing between MS Office and OpenOffice - isn't
> money an issue for the
> government?

I think it is not. I think Microsoft provides no cost
MS Office to schools. Also it provides training to
teachers for free(in parternship with Intel). My mom
has attended one such training.

Interstingly - there was an "important" chapter on
copyrights right at the beginning of the training
program. It was talking of things like taking
permission before using images in school newsletter
and How to request and maintain logs for such
permissions.

-Devendra Laulkar.