[PLUG] Re: GNU India on the Microsoft scourge in Government

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 22:17:56 IST 2007

On 3/22/07, Kaustubh Gadkari <kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com> wrote:

> DNS works for me too. I can resolve www.gnu.org.in to 158.144.44.134.
> I just can't get to the machine! :-)

I had previously posted about this problem I am facing in Fedora Core 6.  I
can resolve all URLs from the command line, and Firefox works with the IP
addresses, but not with the URLs themselves. Yum doesn't work either,
probably for the same reason.  However, Konqueror just works fine!  No
problemo.

I also tried my setup with a Knoppix Live DVD, and it worked like a charm.
Firefox, Konqueror everything.  So could it be that FC6 has some issues in
dealing with a modem/router setup and IP address assigned via DHCP? Some of
the Fedora brand upholders could help.