Network problems (was Re: [PLUG] Re: GNU India on the Microsoft scourge in Government)

Kaustubh Gadkari kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 07:52:05 IST 2007

> then it you should able to view the page... check your browser
> settings if something is wrong.

No, not necessarily. I believe the gateway router is either blocking
the site, or does not have a route to it. I dunno why, but I'll talk
to the network admin here.

> then how do you connect Internet in the university? each machine has a
> separate connection
> --

We use a VPN for wireless access. And the univ. has a /8 subnet, so we
have plenty of addresses available for wired connections.
--
Kaustubh Gadkari
kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com