[PLUG] regarding windows boot

Prashanth munichlinux at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 00:51:40 IST 2007

On 3/29/07, vinayak kulkarni <kulkarnivd2007 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> respected all ,
>     i have install edubuntu on my pc which posess windows98 , but after installation of edubuntu i lost my windows boot option from grub
>    please help me to restore the windows on grub or is there any specific command

generally grub update the OS list, you might have deleted the
partition, any way confirm that still the partition exist my df and
mounting. If that works fine go to grub and add a label

title windows
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1

you can try this in the grun directly press e and go to the grub and
go to the command and pass the above the comman from rootnoverify
should work, hd0,0 change if your connect your hda in a different way

--
regards,

|Prashanth|

http://munichlinux.blogspot.com