[PLUG] Unable to mount root after kernel compilation,Kernel panic

Pramod Sonar pramod5393 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 14:44:59 IST 2007

Hello Friends,

I am trying to compile a linux kernel 2..4.18 on Fedora Core 5 witch has
kernel version 2.4.15
i have succesfully comiple a kernel and install it.
but when i tring to boot with kernel 2.4.18 it gives me error as follow:

My Screen look like this.....

*Uncompressing Linux......Ok,booting the kernel.*
*ACPI:Invalide PBLK length[5]*
*Red Hat nash version 5.0.32 starting*
*mount:error mounting  /dev/root on /sysroot as ext3: Nosuch device*
*setuproot: moving /dev failed : No such file or directory*
*setuproot: error mounting  /proc : No such file or directory*
*setuproot: error mounting  /sys : No such file or directory  *
*switchroot : mount failed : No such file or directory*
*kernel panic - notsyncing:Attempted to kill init!*

and after this screen it hangup there.
There may be some thing missing, can you help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Pramod

The wind & the waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators. ----
Edward Gibbon