[PLUG] dell 1390 wireless with mandriva..

guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Sat May 26 15:26:39 IST 2007

This is a bit delayed but complete reply... I had a chance to check
everything again...

Wireless working properly.  What all made it work..

1.  information about ndiswrapper etc. etc. and how to get wifi up for
1390 from http://LinuxQuestions.org  archives.  And some information
on Dell forum..
2. Using Win2k driver instead of winXP driver with ndiswrapper. - (Sameer)
3. Bunch of helpful hints from Others on PLUG.  I had almost forgotten
how to get link up since never had to do that for last few years..
4. Press the damn Wireless button (**hint**) from Devendra
5. My strong belief that I would be able get wireless up just by
participating on  PLUG mailing list :-)  I definitely looked
(searched) for resources, archives everywhere but no participation.

Oh.. there is a downside... no episode can be complete without the downside..

Manas... No Wifi light is UP, I can scan the network and see others.
Others do see (Emperor) Penguin.... but no still there is *no*
"ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready"
message.  Just the absense of **not ready**.   But hey, I must have
made some mistake somewhere while trying to infer plenty of
instructions everywhere... :-)
Thanks!

--
%20: "space", the final frontier... These are the voyages of Star Trek
Enterpri..