[PLUG] Please suggest software(s) for data backup on DVD+R.

Atul Sowani sowani at gmail.com
Sun May 27 18:32:19 IST 2007

Hi,

I am using slackware linux 9.1 on P3 machine. I have LG DVD writer
capable of writing DVD+R disks. I am trying to backup my data (~4GB)
on it using xcdroast as front end. I am using cdrecord.prodvd as
backend. The problem I am facing is that I am unable to backup the
data as there seems to be a maximum limit of 1GB of write data for
cdrecord. I don't have any key for cdrecord.prodvd either. I am using
xcdroast version 0.98alpha15 and cdrtools version 2.01.01.

Could somebody please suggest me:
1. How can I make cdrecord work with 4GB data?
2. Is there any alternate software for linux which will allow me to
back up full 4GB worth of data?

Thanks,
Atul.