[PLUG] techically OT but not..

Kaustubh Gadkari kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 21:11:57 IST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007 1:43 AM, ಓಂ <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.plug.org.in/plugmemo.php
>
> Does not have a word F/OSS in it.

From the MoA,

Objects of the Society :

    * Educating the society at large about Linux and GNU.
    * Funding such or similar projects having similar objects.
    * Giving consultancy and solutions based on Linux/GNU.
    * Distribution of awards for notable performance/achievements in the field.
    * Procurement of hardware/software/books.
    * Providing free of cost LINUX and GNU.
    * Spreading computer literacy through various media.

Where do you see baby animals in the above description?

Also, as Devendra has pointed out, refer to the mailing list
description and etiquette. Both the mailing list description and the
MoA mention Linux and GNU. We generally allow threads that have the
broader scope of free software. For e.g., a thread about
OpenOffice.org is fine, even though it is neither about Linux nor
about GNU. I am sure that I am on very firm ground when I state that
topics like baby kangaroos and baby penguins are way outside even the
broader, more general scope of the mailing list. (List admins, correct
me if I am mistaken :-)

So, a *firm* request - do *not* troll.

Kaustubh
--