[PLUG] Fingerprint reader project announced

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 16 01:28:54 IST 2007

Vishal Rao wrote:
> My earlier forwarded msg was too big, but the wiki is at
> http://www.reactivated.net/fprint
>
> I believe the Fedora fingerprint page mentions Daniel Drake to work
> with for getting fingerprint support into Linux!
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureThinkfinger  (right at the end)
>
> I have the AuthenTec AES1610 fingerprint reader on my HP Pavilion
> tx1302au tablet PC which is in the unsupported list on the wiki at the
> moment... hopefully it will be supported in the near future...

This is one of the features proposed for Fedora 9. That's about 6 months
away and there are some bugs/enhancements that are already being tracked
in Red Hat/Fedora bugzilla.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/FeatureList

Testing out the current/ development version and reporting bugs would be
pretty useful.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Testing

Rahul