[PLUG] [OT] Bookstores in Pune

Arindam arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 19:07:43 IST 2007

On 11/16/07, Anand Saha <anandsaha at gmail.com> wrote:
> People,
>
> I am new to Pune - could you guide me to a few good bookstores who would
> keep s/w books from Oreilly, Wrox etc. and giving favourable regular
> discounts. The locations close to me are Kalyani nagar and Viman nagar. But
> don't stop on suggesting places far away as well.

A bit OT - you have to learn to give a Linux perspective to stuff like
this. Don't stick to the Kalyani Nagar / Viman Nagar end - that's not
the business end of things as far as good technical books are
concerned. Try the following places:

1. Goel Computer Hut (Appa Balwant Chowk - 20% discounts on a number of titles)
2. Technical Book Shop (Camp Area - on Meher Baba Street / Meher
Street - near Dorabjee Biryani shop ... not too far from Brand
Factory)
3. Landmark (opposite Kakade Mall, above Dorabjee departmental store,
Moledina Road - decent collection)
4. Manney's (on the same road, a little further down towards MG Road)
... and many more including smaller shops in ABC

- Arindam