[PLUG] HCL laptop?

श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Mon Oct 15 08:30:53 IST 2007

On Monday 15 Oct 2007 05:46:50 ಓಂ wrote:
> I need to make a purchase on behalf of someone, and that laptop might
> later land in my LAP.... person has suggested model of HCL laptop.
> Has anybody here used HCL laptop?  Any pointers are welcome..

I bought one in Feb 2005 because it was offered with pre-installed linux. The
price was OK for features it offered, then. So far so good.

I  bought 3 years warranty and within 1.5 years, one of the RAM dimm went out
and was left out with only 128MB RAM. I called the dealer from whom I bought
the laptop/warranty and turned out that he has closed the shop. I went to HCL
and the warranty turned out to be useless. I had to replace the RAM with my
own money.

So if you are happy with the model, (specs. etc.) , buy it from HCL shop only.
Don't go to a dealer.

Otherwise it is a reasonable laptop range.

Shridhar