[PLUG] Plone Vs Joomla

Chetan Kumar chetanku at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:55:22 IST 2007

On 10/23/07, Manas Alekar <maalekar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if people have tried deploying Joomla and/or plone.
>
> Any comments would be wonderful.

Plone is a content management system built on a web application
server(zope). It can practically mean that there is a lot in there
than you may need. In my personal biased view it is great.
Example, inbuilt workflows, very fine grained access control,
http/ftp/webdav server etc.
The best way would be to list down YOUR requirements first and then
start a comparison. Else, there will unnecessary heat generation on
public lists (if there are enough participants).
Regards,
Chetan