[PLUG] Plone Vs Joomla

Chetan Kumar chetanku at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 20:08:04 IST 2007

On 10/23/07, Chintan Zaveri <smile at sis.net.in> wrote:
> at. IMHO, Plone has now aged and there was a time when it would have been

I hope you have some solid reason to believe that and some data to back it up.

> the best Open Source CMS. There are many other you may want to consider:

There are to suit all needs. Else, one is left with the option of
scratching one's ow
itch. Not a bad idea at all for any FOSS enthusiast !!

> Agree with Chetan. Put down your requirements first. Also check what
> hardware and software infrastructure you have available. Joomla would run on
> as simple as a LAMP platform so cost of deployment is much less than Plone
> or Alfresco.

Experience of all stake-holders throughout the project life is the only way to
judge what is (proved to be) good and what is not. There is no one-size-fit-all
solution. Although one can learn from others' experience. There is great wisdom
in learning from others. Hence it will be good to list down some basic
requirements
so that specific questions can be asked.
Plone deployment does not come with any special overheads. I hope you
have any specific points to highlight here.
Regards,
Chetan