[PLUG] Linux and Samsung printer...

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:08:23 IST 2007

On 10/26/07, ಓಂ <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody here have an experience using Samsung SCX 4200 laser
> printer with Linux.  It is supposed to be Linux supported printer and
> Samsund site has a Unified (what does it mean?) driver for Linux...

Watch out for the driver. I read somewhere (was it slashdork?) that
some company's (not sure if it's Samsung and this printer) Linux
drivers (or was it Flash or some such software?) would make your
system insecure by changing permissions on various files and what not.

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."