[LIG] [ilugd] [PLUG] [x-post] foss events list in india 2008?

Linux Lingam linuxlingam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 16:13:05 IST 2007

On 10/30/07, Philip Tellis <philip.tellis at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 30/10/2007, Linux Lingam <linuxlingam at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > and linux-india.org recommended by kishore bhargava.
>
> I'd suggest just adding events to upcoming.org and tagging them with
> foss and india (optional).  I could write up a pipe that gets you all
> foss events in india from there as an RSS feed or JSON or possibly
> ical.  This can be imported into any site that wants to display it.
> We'll also have pretty maps ;)

i think this truly addresses and solves the problem.
then all LUGs can feed it into their sites, users can subscribe to the
RSS feeds, kenneth won't need a volunteer to populate the nrcfoss
sites, and well, the pretty maps are great for guys like me with no
geo-magnetic sense in my forehead.

so, the quick fox jumps over the lazy blue moon. :-)

between a choice for linux-india.org and the above site,
i vote for upcoming.yahoo.com with the pipe from philip.
+1
what's your vote?

the only task left will be to prod everyone to submit upcoming or
planned events to upcoming.yahoo.com site.

one last question: the compiled info on the site/page. can we
specifically mention the cc-by or  cc-pd or other license or public
domain dedication to that compilation?

niyam