[PLUG] [OT] The Do Not Call Registry which doesn't work.

Shantanoo Mahajan shantanoo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 02:40:31 IST 2007

On 10-Sep-07, at 1:57 AM, Kaustubh Gadkari wrote:

> On 9/9/07, shirish <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>        There was a reported thing about Do Not Call Registry & as a
>> BSNL customer I tried to find a way for doing just that. First the
>> link of the site
>> http://ndncregistry.gov.in/ndncregistry/aboutRegister.jsp this is the
>> link where at the Details
>>
>> http://ndncregistry.gov.in/ndncregistry/docs%
>> 5CNumbersforSubscribersRegistration.pdf
>> the link doesn't work under firefox .
>>

> Notice the front slash(%5C) in the URL? Firefox expects a well
> formed URL.
> Apparently, IE doesn't care.

Following is valid equivalent URL for the same:
http://ndncregistry.gov.in/ndncregistry%5Cdocs%
5CNumbersforSubscribersRegistration.pdf

AFAIK, you can replace all the characters after the slash which
follows the domain with
corresponding ASCII codes in hex prefixed by %. Need to verify it
though.

regards,
shantanoo