[PLUG] Problems Regarding Installing scratchbox

swapnil kamble swap.kamble at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:00:50 IST 2007

Hi all,
        I have downloaded scractchbox-core/libs/toolchain . According
installation instructions I extracted those tarballs into /.
So all extracted files comes in /scratchbox.
Then I ran run_me_first.

[root at localhost scratchbox]# /scratchbox/run_me_first.sh
Do you want to use sudo mode? [yes/no] (no):
Give the name of the scratchbox group (sbox):
No such group!
The group 'sbox' does not seem to exist!
Would you like me to create the group 'sbox' for you? [yes/no] (yes): yes
No such group!
Creating group "sbox"...
cp: cannot stat `/etc/hostname': No such file or directory
Stopping Scratchbox: umount, mount: none already mounted or
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc busy
mount: according to mtab, none is already mounted on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc
binfmt_misc.
Starting Scratchbox: binfmt_misc, mount.

Now you should add one or more users with /scratchbox/sbin/sbox_adduser
[root at localhost scratchbox]# /scratchbox/sbin/sbox_adduser user sbox=yes
Scratchbox user account for user user added
[root at localhost root]# su - user
-bash: modprobe: command not found
[user at localhost user]$ groups
[user at localhost user]$ cd /scratchbox/
[user at localhost scratchbox]$ ./login

Welcome to Scratchbox, the cross-compilation toolkit!

Use 'sb-menu' to change your compilation target.
See /scratchbox/doc/ for documentation.

ERROR: Operation not permitted
chroot(/scratchbox/users/user)
[user at localhost scratchbox]$

Can Anyone tell me how to resolve this problem. Because I want the
prompt of scratchbox, to carry out cross-compilation.
However it error looks very logical even how a user can chroot to
/scratchbox/users/user

Thanks in advance.

--
...Swapnil