[PLUG] Interesting ...

ಓಂ guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:17:09 IST 2007

On 9/21/07, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Extending the same example, Nokia high end *and* low end handsets in
> specific regions have more than robust support for CJK rather than go
> the full spectrum of CJKI. I tend to take Nokia and Samsung as applied
> innovation driven by business needs - you want to aim at the long tail
> of consumers - play by their rules and  don't try to impose your own rules.

being not familiar with the acronyms i was lost for a while but
searched to know that CJK and CJKI are actually related to Chinese,
Japanese and Korian.. and would like to state that most of them have
even PC bios in their local languages... which we lack here...

what we lack is the drive of educated people to use local languages...
 That is changing now but was not so .. say 10-12 years back... when I
first noticed this differneciation during some of my travels to those
regions...

Any pointers on whether anybody is actually doing any work on I {read
*eye*, me (japanese:romaji) or Greek: Mάτι)  enabling bios etc....
that would be interesting to know...