[PLUG] Computer slows after some time

Vinay Pawar vinay.pawar at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 15:37:28 IST 2007

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=531997

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=483059

> > The last link gives you steps to remove zmd.
> >
> > By any chance, zmd is the process which largest
> rss number? Sort on memory
> > column in top/kpm and check.
> >
> > HTH
> >  Shridhar
> >
> > PS. Am I glad that I am using slackware? :)
>
> Many thanks.  Seems to have worked like magic.
> Could not follow all the steps
> from the link - had to improvise, but after removing
> zmd and beagle, the
> problem seems to have disappeared.
>
> Now, to find out other such pieces of softwares and
> remove them ...
>
> I think, I should try out the slackware on the extra
> partition.
>
> Vikas
>
> --

I'm going to try and excuse myself from beating the
minimalism drum.

You might find this is one read useful/interesting,
here's a link:
http://etbe.coker.com.au/2007/09/28/swap-space/

Consider reviewing your usage pattern.

--