[PLUG] MandrivaLinux Spring 2008...

ഓം guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 09:13:52 IST 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Vishal Rao <vishalrao at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 8:40 PM, ഓം <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  And Mandriva 2008.1 Spring look good.  I just installed it few minutes
>  >  back... Clean install went smooth and configured most things... no
>  >  issues atall...
>
>  Are you folks using the "One" free CD ISO? Is there anything
>  limited/disabled in the
>  free (free as in no-charge) version compared to the commercial/paid
>  version such as
>  the powerpack?

Don't know for sure..have been using the free versions for my
day-to-day computing (communications) needs for last 3-4 years and
never needed to bother about what these (so called) commercial
versions are! :-)

Also kMail is improved a lot over these time and it makes my life
simpler.  Luckily I can use it without having to launch kontact..

Most of experiences are of similar nature... Some OpenSuSE fans said
it has better developer tools which maybe true but who cares... till
they fix their installer to correctly detect existing Linux partitions
:-)

In return for using the (so called) free tools, try to educate people
of benefits of free tools and trying to implement solutions based on
them ... because conscience does not allow to take anything free (as
in gratis)... since it costs someone something... sometimes time...

Coming back to the topic, I understand from a friend that Mandriva One
CD worked great where OpenSuSE 10.3 failed for a new DELL laptop due
to the issue of Prop.Vs Free tango...