[PLUG] Need Help: Sify Vs Linux

Swapnil Bhartiya arnieswap at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 09:29:12 IST 2008

Dear All,

I posted this a while ago, I am facing a strange problem for the last 15 days. I can not browse the Internet though Linux, where as it works well if I do it through the 'now' discarded Windows XP. The problem is sometime Linux does connect me to the Internet. At the same time I can use Pidgin etc and other Bittorent clients to download distros, but cant browse the Internet.. Another amazing thing is, while I cannt open any other site, Microsoft.com opens in a second...so what could be the issue?

My hardware is OK as it could connect to the net through Windows, My distro is OK as it does connect to net some times (don't forget seamless connectivity to chat and torrents). Also I have tried other distros, apart from my primary Ubuntu --- Fedora, OpenSUSE, Mandriva and many more...

I have spoken to Sify guys also but they are not able to give any solution, what should I do? This is very critical...? I dont want to use Windows for a second...and alas...I have to use Windows to send this email....please help...

Swapnil