[PLUG] CDMA1.x/EVDO from BSNL

Amitabh Jain ajain101 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:45:22 IST 2008

Hi Mihir,

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Mihir <mihirnimbalkar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Amitabh,
>
> Thanks for your input. 25 kbps is more than enough for regular users.
>
> I have couple of questions to ask:
> 1) Is it possible to roam with this connection? As in will it be accessible
> throughout india?

I have not yet been out of Pune since I got this thing. So I am not sure.
Considering that Reliance and Indicom services work throughout India, this
should work too (but this needs to be confirmed). However, this device is
CDMA based. I am not sure what is the availability of BSNL's CDMA network
throughout India.

> 2) And you said sometime it is not able to detect the network(20%). So I am
> wondering whether this problem persists even when the connection is
> stationary.

At my home, sometimes it is able to detect the network, sometimes not. This
is strange. The only explanation I am able to think of is that their service
must be down when the network is not detected. I heard from some other
people that right now they are in test phase and they have not started a
full rollout. I got a call from BSNL too few days back asking for my
experiences with the device. I shared the same feedback with them.

> Please tell us your plan details too.

Unlimited bandwidth: 550/=
Modem device on rental basis: 200/=
Total: 750/=