[PLUG] [COMMERCIAL] [job([s])+] CPU time available on a 4-node cluster

Bhasker Kode kode at returnable.org
Sat Aug 23 14:30:35 IST 2008

Hi,

I just wanted to ping to let you know that Hover Technologies is
giving away ssh access to a 4-node cluster, where we're running a
distributed crawler , a CDN , a time-machine among several other
things.

If you have idea's as to how we can clock it to any additional use
that will help us take over the world, we have a couple of empty sets
of comfy chairs/tables, linux box's , wifi across our brand new
"headquarters" that sports a guitar, a bean bag , a sofa to crash ,
and a few of us for company.

Among the 3 developers ourselves - we've pretty much covered linux
administration & networking, erlang & python , css & graphics ,
javascript & HTML , plugin development, testing et cetera . So dont
mind us ... you can just chug along doing what you love to do . My
guess would possibly be contributing back to the community, working on
crawlers & processing large amounts of data, hack on the backend or
HTML/UI+javascript . We'll even chip in a check at the end of the
month as well.

About Hover Technologies / hover.in
A little about the company and product [1]. Sometime in 2007, I teamed
up with Arun Prabhudesai a US-return IT/marketing 10+ exp dude, to
co-found the startup and lead as CEO and chief-blogger [2], while I
handle the technology aspects. Prior to this, I was with
Bangalore-based startup - Tutorvista in the education space [3]  Hover
Technologies was officially incorporated in 2008, and the journey has
been fascinating so far. We were covered by Yahoo Developer Network
[4] for our involvement in the community. Hover.in was also one of the
5 internet startups that was nominated at Proto.in [5] in Jan 2008
(the Indian startup showcase event) of our web-based product that
targets big web publishers and bloggers. The product as such involves
the in-text content delivery, drawing on considerable amounts of work
in data retrieval, natural language processing, and distributed
computing paradigms, apart from innovative takes on client-side
usability challenges . Among our first few developers include a google
soc [6] intern , as well as another Haskell / functional programming
hacker . We just got ourselves a nice plush 3000 sq. ft office [7], so
the ideal candidate must be living in Pune as well, unless you're ok
to relocate. I doubt anyone will be joining us for the salary we're
offering for the first 4-5 months - but with stock opts , deferred
bonus's and salary hikes, it's going to be exciting times at hover.in
as it grows [8].

Share this mail to spread the word,  Ping me back if you're interested
, or please do us a favour and forward this to someone you think can
hack with us. ( btw, Arun's also looking for a marketing & sales
position in our Mumbai office as well )

~
Keep Clicking,
Bhasker V Kode