[PLUG] Mandriva And Mandriva...

Aditya Laghate laghatea at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 10:49:07 IST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 10:29 +0530, Arun Khan wrote:
> On Sunday 24 Aug 2008, Aditya Laghate wrote:

> > arr... stop using WINE or Windoze programs!!!
>
> Easier said than done.
>
> What is your alternative for businesses that have years of data
> accumulated via their windows apps that do run under wine and they are
> unwilling to go through the headache of data migration?

Hehe.. aare I was kiddin, anyways on a serious note.

People willing to or wanting to migrate users to OSS, can get the work
outsourced and make some money in the process!

Where there is a WILL there is Way, is what I believe. :D

I am sure, there would college students, professionals (read me & many
more, though I am still learning my way in the QT world!) willing to do
such jobs. Migrate data from MS Access to MySQL or SQLite. Migrate (read
create) applications from traditional VB to OSS.

I am already in the process of getting one of my client use QT instead
of VB.Net to create his new application. Though it will designed to work
on Windoze, it is one step towards freedom!

Cheers
Aditya