[PLUG] Would you like to name Fedora 11?

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:25:28 IST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 11:57 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Sudhanwa Jogalekar wrote:
>
>> Pune?  :-)
>>
>> Cambridge is an University, so is Pune.
>> Cambridge is a city, so is Pune.
>
> That's amusing. As much as I would like to have a Fedora release named
> Pune, it is unlikely to pass muster.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_11
>
> "General links such as "is a word" or "is a location", while technically
> within the scope of the rules, will most certainly be rejected by the
> Fedora Board. Remember, the goal is to come up with a creative link to
> Cambridge."

I feel that it is the most creative link to Cambridge.
If Cambridge name is acceptable under all kind of previous criteria,
Pune should also be acceptable.

I suppose you are already subscribed there. So, please add "Pune" in
the name list. Lets see the rejection reasons if at all it is
rejected.

-Sudhanwa