[PLUG] scilab license: scilab is totally free software

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 00:03:20 IST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Manjusha Joshi
<manjusha.joshi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> New version of scilab that is scilab 5   is with changes in license of
> scilab:
>
> License changed to CeCILL (fully compatible with the GPL v2)
> <http://www.cecill.info/index.en.html>
> Therefore, Scilab is now a 100% free software.
>
> Read more about it:
>
> http://www.scilab.org/changes_5/

Great!!
That closes many discussions about "Scilab is FOSS or not"

CeCILL version 2 license is a free software license as mentioned here:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html

However, I was not able to know  from the Scilab website if the
license is CeCILL version 2.

Thanks for the info. Now, we will be able to push Scilab in colleges.

Regards
-Sudhanwa