[PLUG] BSNL Broadband - Help!

Chetan Kumar chetanku at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 06:14:24 IST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 10:48 PM, Vivek J. Patankar <vivek.patankar at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is not in how the laptop is configured to connect to the
> router, but in the configuration of the ADSL modem itself. I received no
> information/instructions from the service provider other than the
> username and password.

There are no issues with the settings. I am using the same model of
modem with the same settings.
You just need to be sure about the username and password.
As I learnt a couple of weeks back (setting a linksys router for a
friend) there are two sets of credentials
1. To access the "portal".
     Here you can look at some data like usage, download etc. Also
reset password for connecting.
2. To connect to the broadband service
     This is what you need to enter in the setting in the modem
I hope that is the way it is for you too. Using (2) you can check your
username (in case you are not able to get hold of the right person
from BSNL side). On this portal you can reset the password too . That
should help in some way. BTW, there is a default password they set
when the account is created. Ask them about it.
HTH
Chetan