[PLUG]Booting Problem.

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 12:44:01 IST 2008

On Sunday 17 Feb 2008, pankaj patil wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed Fedora 9 on acer laptop which was smooth. At boot time
> time it shows no device found '/dev/root'.
> root can not be mount stops.

Are you sure it is /dev/root?  Looks like your grub menu list is
garbled.  It should be root=/dev/<hdaX|sdaY> where hdaX or sdaY is the
hard disk partition for the FC9 install.

> At boot time, I boot Fedora giving same commands to grub> and it
> starts. Please Note, No changes in commands as they are given in
> boot.
>
> please suggest where do I need to change?

Boot to FC9 as you are doing with editing grub.  Once the system is up
edit the relevant entry in /boot/grub/menu.lst should fix the problem.

--
-- Arun Khan