[PLUG] FOSS for Maths meet at BP

bp bhaskara_p at vsnl.com
Fri Feb 22 05:09:14 IST 2008

Hello,

> > Scilab:- Bhopatkar Madam
>
> scilab is not FOSS - better to demo octave

If anyone using octave they are welcome.

Our concern is education and not commercial use.
FOSS=Free and/or Open Source Software that is how we see towards it.

Those who are using software with out purchasing them. Free or/and Open Source
software give them better option. There are colleges using  other proprietary
***lab software with out actually purchasing it. Scilab gives alternative to
it.

FYI:
Actually both ***labs are using same parent library. And INRIA group from
FRANCE  who are developing it are working on modifying its license.

-Manjusha
--

Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana
email: bhaskara_p at vsnl.com