[PLUG] [xpost] xinerama dual display with Intel graphics

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 18:03:55 IST 2008

Ubuntu 8.04.1, Intel graphics chip on laptop - shows as 2 distinct
ports:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

I am trying to setup two displays side by side, using the laptop's
display and LCD panel through VGA port.  I have read thru the some of
the help  and modified xorg.conf per suggestions but it is not working.

If you have successfully setup xinerama on a laptop, I would appreciate
if you could share your xorg.conf settings.

TIA,
--
Arun Khan