[PLUG] FOSS contributors from Pune

ഓം guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 17:34:30 IST 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Salil Bijur <salilbijur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:23 PM, ഓം <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> For the simple reason that a contributer himself knows best about his
>>> contribution than anyone else, like you dont know what FOSS contribs I
>>> have made and I dont know what you have contributed.
>>> The idea is not to praise/self-praise, but to inform.

When working in and contributing to the community, the community needs
to notice your work,
if it doesn't, it's their failure, not yours.  So keep up the good work!

>> "If Developer knew what users want, without the interaction of user
>> community, then M$ is correct in the way they treat users... but i
>> think things are different here in many way and one of that ways is
>> software is being developed based on user needs and preferences most
>> of the times" and this approach of I know what is the best way to
>> contribute has the same flaws that are generally best avoided.
>
> This has nothing to do with the original idea of the thread which was about FOSS
> contributors from Pune and their work.

Yes very much we are talking about contribution of Pune folks to the community.

> "Never argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level and
> then beat you with their experience."

There is no better way to understand's one's own standing, than by
communicating with people of all statures!
The least you get to build is awareness about self and others!

With sincere thanks and good wishes...