[PLUG] An Open letter on OOXML happenings in India

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 18:18:11 IST 2008

It is time of Open Letters, this time it is from Dr Deepak Phatak of IIT Bombay.

"With reference to the recent happenings in connection with the ISO
standardization process of OOXML, actions by or on behalf of Microsoft
have caused me deep pain and hurt. Apart from the personal anguish,
these actions have tarnished the name of my Institute along with that
of several other organizations represented on our committee. In my
opinion, these actions go well beyond the behavioral boundaries for a
commercial entity. some of these amount to interference with the
governance process of a sovereign country. Luckily, wiser and
experienced people are in-charge of governance of the nation. However,
as a humble teacher and a proud Indian, I wish to register a strong
and visible protest."

It is a really long post, but surely worth reading. It will give you
an insight into a real and personal experience by a professor in one
of the most respected instituitions of our country.

Read full letter at http://deepakphatak.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-is.html

Cheers
Praveen

--