[PLUG] #include files.... in programming languages

ഓം guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 05:43:10 IST 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:50 PM, "Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)"
<sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> ഓം wrote:
>
> [snipping off some portions] and assuming that you are being sarcastic
> or like (based on a few earlier mails on other threads)
>
>> Why can't these .h files be called .i files, they are include files
>> and what better suffix for include files that .i?
>> Are we still following what some "stdio.h" wrote 15 or more years ago
>> without bothering to why not change for better?
>>
>> Any suggestion on this front?
>>
>> Why can't compilers be built to have these files included at any place
>> in the program other than at the start?
>>
>> Just curious!!
>
> http://eli-project.sourceforge.net/c_html/c.html is one place to start
> with perhaps.
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/ is another along with
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/
>
> ~sankarshan

Sincere thanks!

I tried understanding it a bit but I think either I need to do lot of
study into computer fundamentals or take somebody's help in this.
However i have a feeling that you have pointed at the good resource
for beginning of the expedition for anyone (not just me) who is
interested in learning more...
!