[PLUG] Unable to install Ubuntu 8.04

Jayant Kairi jayantkairi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 18:24:25 IST 2008

Dear Friends,

I requested and received Ubuntu 8.04 CD from Cannonical Inc  and installed
it on my office and home desktop. However, when I am tying to install it on
my HCL Laptop, it is not installing. Once the installation within windows
failed to give me the login window, I tried the Live operating system, which
also did not succeed (I did not get the desktop).

At the beginning of the installation, I noted this message--

[ 41.011805 ] PCI: BIOS BUG #81[49435000] found

My Laptop is HCL K-19 Model bought in Apr 2007 with Dual core, 512MB RAM and
120GB Hard disk.

Incidentally, I went to the HCL Service point where to my shock they said
that since this laptop was sold with Windows Home Vista, they will support
only its use and no other OS. Makes me despise the computer manufacturer as
well its bundled software.

Please help me at the earliest

Thanks and regards,

Dr Jayant Kairi