[PLUG] Need Ubuntu CDs

"आदित्य (Aditya)" laghatea at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 19:47:37 IST 2008

Mehul Ved wrote:
> On Sun Jun 22, 2008 at 07:04:52PM +0530, Arati Dikey wrote:
>> I would like to purchase them from official
>> distributors if possible.
>
> Any reason to prefer 'official distributor'? You can always get it from
> someone on this LUG. But, for some reason you want 'official cd's' like
> for giving in a workshop or so, you could order from shipit.ubuntu.com

I believe that Arati is not aware that there is no license applicable
for distributing Linux Distributions. By no license I mean no EULA kind
of commercially binding license.

Arati, you can download, copy and distribute freely copies of Linux
distributions as most of them are licensed under GNU /GPL. This is
applicable, even if you need to distribute copies at workshops or any place.

Hence any copy of the distribution is official!

Cheers
Aditya