[PLUG] Open source phone goes mass-market

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:52:22 IST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Amit Karpe <amitkarpe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>            Openmoko has begun shipping its Linux-based, open source
>> Neo Freerunner phone to five newly announced distributors, in Germany,
>> France, and India, says the company. The Neo Freerunner features an
>> open hardware design, and a Linux-based operating system that users
>> are free to modify.
>>
>> http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS9978560959.html
>>

> By the way, if someone finds out who the Indian distributors are supposed
> to be, please post it here.  I guess there will be a free run on their
> outlet/s.

Awkward as replying to myself would seem, I couldn't resist the opportunity
of telling you all that the phone is being marketed in India by:

*IDA Systems Pvt Ltd
*

11 Uniara Garden

Jaipur 302004

+91 141 3243321

http://www.idasystems.net/

This is what their website says:
Book the Neo Freerunner NOW <http://www.idasystems.net/order>. MRP of Rs
20000/- includes shipping, all taxes and 1 year warranty along with a  30
DAYS RETURN POLICY IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE PRODUCT.
Ida systems is an Official Reseller of Openmoko Products In India. For more
information contact* *info at idasystems.net
<info at idasystems.net>