[PLUG] Ideal Swap partition size

Devendra Laulkar devendra at laulkar.com
Thu Mar 20 12:10:14 IST 2008

Hi,

I am starting a new thread instead of replying to the original post...

I would like to know the ideal swap partition size for new computers which
typically come with > 1 Gigs of RAM.

Personally, I never recommend a swap partition of more that 500-600 MB,
because typically I have seen that swap partition is not utilized to that
extent for typical home + development use. I feel that swap partition = 2
* physical memory formula seems to be long outdated with current RAM
sizes.

So why do we require a 1-2 GB of Swap space ?

-Devendra Laulkar.